Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I'm 45 dance regularly. I have been experiencing a lot of

Customer Question

Hi, I'm 45 dance regularly . I have been experiencing a lot of pain just above my right hip,that can sena shotting pains along my right leg .im used to the usual pulled Muscle . This hurts more at rest and sitting ang lying down . Not so much during movement . I also had two perods in one month never happened before . The second period lasting 10 days . Is there any conection.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. You are in the neurology section and I am a neurologist. I am also an internist. If you want to combine the hip pain with your irregular periods, the your hip pain has to be more than mechanically induced. That means it should correlate positively, the more you dance the more it hurts. If that is not the case, if you have pain in that area while laying in bed in the morning, then you should consider the connection with disorders of the adnexa or ovary and Fallopian tube or irritation of the round ligament by a uterine fibroid or even endometriosis. Get back to me to discuss this if I can help. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

cc