DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

Please help. Any suggestions welcomed. I. At the end of my

Customer Question

Hi, please help. Any suggestions welcomed. I. At the end of my tuther, running out of options. I'm 38 female & have suffered migraines sincen age 14 on & off with bad cluster of them in my mid 20's. I've managed to control them with medication & worse case scenario a morphine injection ( about once every 4-5 mths throughout my life but then sometimes no needle for 12 mths. 2 yrs ago I had a beautiful baby girl. During her pregnancy I had chronic morning sickness & was in hospital every week on a drip & administered endone. 4 mths after she was born the migraines started again (couldnt be controlled by nurofen, imigran, mersyndol, endone) so my Dr administered morphine. In the past 16 mths ice been Lucky to work 20 days. I Have at least a morphine shot 4 times a week (30 mls) sometimes twice in a day. I've seen 4 different neurologist in this time who have tried difference medications (many of which ice been on before) & when they don't work, they basically move me on. I've had 3 rounds of botox in my neck, head & forehead with no positive outcome. I had a pfo (hole in my heart closed) in May when their was sustainable studies this could relate to migraine & stoke victims, but that failed. My MRI's and MRA's are normal. I have acupuncture when I can get there (when not in bed) usually once a fortnight & see a chiropractic too. Ive spent a week at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney & the pain management clinic in Robina QLD for assessment. Both came to the conclusion that 1. As it does not start from my neck or back region their methods could not help me (migraines ALWAYS start behind my right eye) and 2. It's a heredity gene as my mum suffered until she went through menopause in her late 40's. I've had my eyes checked, seen naturopaths and other chiropractors and physio's over the past few years but just can't seem to get an answer. I saw a dentist who named his work as chorodontics, where I wore a mouth piece for ,12 mugs, his theory being that when I had braces at 14, my jaw didn't develop properly causing stress on jaw resulting in migraine. I'm a terrible sleeper, I've been to sleep clinics & they haven't really assisted & sleeping tablets don't work. Some nights I may only get 4 hrs sleep which I believe is a huge contributor & I can't remember a time when it wasn't like that, even in my teens.. I've had my hormone tested, saliva tests done & other bloods done (not standard) & nothing shows up. My migraines are related to my cycle.I don't drink, smoke or take drugs. My weight has always been 60 kgs but since having bub i put on 9.5 kgs, didn't lose it & now weigh 70 kkgs. I own a real estate business which thankfully runs along without me being physically in the business daily. My partner runs a 7 day business, so my mother has / is practically raising my child which breaks my heart. I'm so desperate, I'll try any suggestions you may have. Most drs just put me in the to hard basket after a few weeks. I know a lot of my migraines would be rebound. In Jan this yr my go took me off all prescription medications except for sandimigran (beta blocker) and imigran - to be taken at onset of attack with maxalon (nausea prevention tablet) if the imigran dorsntt work in 20 mins, take nurofen & if no relief, go to her for injection. Her reasoning, it's controlled the dosage & I'm not swallowing packets of other medications to get releief or Dr shopping. My neurologist won't agree to this except administer botox every 90 days which clearly isn't working. That's his method & he's sticking to it. They are both on holidays at the moment and no Dr wants to give me an injection, I have no prescription meds, only over the counter and I'm now in bed - day 11 with no relief. I am at my witts end, I don't know what to do or where to go from here. I just saw you being in the US may know of something we haven't tried. I have no quality of life. I need help. It just doesn't affect me. It's affecting my partner, my liitle girl, my parents, my business & worries all my family & friends. It's so debilitating, I can't plan one day to the next, my positivity which I've always tried to project is all an act, I know ive developed some sort of depression. The guilt of letting every down doesn't help as ice always been a perfectionist & I just want to give up but I can't, I have such a beautiful girl & my family who've made so many sacrifices that I wouldn't want to let them down anymore. Can you please please plead help me. Any info / suggestions you could offer would be welcomed. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I tried to give u as much info as possible as a heads up. Kindest regards, Tracey
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hi

we answer medical questions.

What is your question?

Also, have you had an MRI of the neck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had an neo of the neck. My question is, do you have any other ideas, options I should be investigating as I don't know where to go to from Here. I have no quality of life. Running a business, rating a 2 yr old & living on morphine is no way to live. Have you had any patients that may have tried something I haven't, that has helped. Please I'm desperate to get help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mri of the next, head & xrays of my back
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Can you type in the MRI report?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm currently at my parents whilst they care for me & my daughter. I can obtain this from home in next few days & send through. Is this ok to do?
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

yes