Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have excrutiating pressure in my scalp neck and down my

Customer Question

I have excrutiating pressure in my scalp neck and down my spine. All my muscles are stiff.I loose my balance for no reason.i was diagnosed with scoliosis 29 degree and 9 degree curvature.......also recently told I had arterial blockage in my left neck arterywhich can cause a stroke on the right side of my brain at any time therefore on an 81mg aspirin daily.
I an 56 years old 5feet 3 inches weigh 104.6 lbs.
5 months ago on got off 15 of my prescribed medication had never felt better in my life went on a juicing diet for 4 weeks, then re-introduced whole food mostly organic.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Let me look at your paragraph and I will return

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

So from your description I would assume you have some degree of vertebral artery stenosis from your cervical issues compounded by scoliosis. By neck artery you might mean the carotid artery or the vertebral. Just to clarify if you have a blockage of your left carotid you would have a stroke on the left side of your brain effecting your right side. If you are right handed it might also effect your speech (85%chance)

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If the blockage is the vertebral on the left. It could effect strength on the left side of your body in a stroke. Also it could be the reason for the scalp head pain. There are other reasons or possibilities. One which comes to mind is if you are pinching high cervical roots or nerves in the neck effecting the greater occipital nerve and that is your reason for neck and scalp pain. You have greater occipital neuralgia on GON.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you would look up GON and tell me if it fits or if this is your artery and we can discuss treatment approaches. If satisfied please remember to rate my service. Dr Frank