Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My mom has been diagnosed with an aneurism.She is waiting to

Customer Question

My mom has been diagnosed with an aneurism.She is waiting to meet with a surgeon neurologist.What are the options?Surgery?What are the dangers of it erupting?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi so what is your response?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you have any information such as the MRI/MRA report, please paste it in leaving out personal identity theft info. The approach to aneurysms is based on a few factors. Size location and shape are the big three. They determine the approach whether it is surgical with a large craniotomy or small hole through the skull with an endoscope. Or to seal the aneurysm from within using a small catheter to bring up inside the artery itself. Get back to me to discuss or if satisfied please remember to rate this answer. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what are the risks of not treating it?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. That depends on the above. Size location shape disease like hypertension. Family history of aneurysm with ruptured history is important. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

NI think you left. After you speak with the neurosurgeon you can ask the questions I asked you. Then let me know and we can discuss options. Please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated. Dr Frank