Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have been waking with right sided numbness and tingling in

Customer Question

Customer: I have been waking with right sided numbness and tingling in arms, hands legs, feet. A little concerned.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Would like a health history?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Neurology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait,.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Teresa Kay Unruh
3700 West 19th Street, Bldg. I, Apartment 5
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74074
Phone Number(###) ###-####Surgical History
Ovarian cyst removal, 1986
Abdominal scar revision, 1987
Vaginal childbirth with 4th degree tear, September 3, 1991
Total hemrhoidectomy, internal and external, January 1992
Rectal Fissure repair, June 1992
Vaginal Childbirth, March 17, 1994
Septoplasty and nasal bone spur removal, spring 1997
Bilateral Tubal Ligation, summer 1999
Total vaginal hysterectomy w/anterior & posterior repair-Screws w/anterior repair. November 1, 2001
Medical History:
Migraines, Diagnosed 1995.
Depression, Diagnosed 1996.
Fibromyalgia, Diagnosed 2002.
Stroke , Right occipital lobe CVA,(right posterior basilar artery) w/residual partial blindness 30% vision loss both eyes, Diagnosed 17 November 2007.
Sjorgen’s Disease, Diagnosed January 2010.
Hypothyroidism, Diagnosed 2010.
Retinol Vein Occlusion Right Eye, Small area of vision loss in right eye, Diagnosed August 2011.
Discoid Lupus, Diagnosed June 2012.
Medications:
Cymbalta 60mg q AM for depression
Budeprion XL 150mg q AM for depression
Morphine Sulfate ER 30mg TID for pain.
Tizanidine 4mg one tablet up to three times per day prn.
Lyrica 75mg bid for Fibromyalgia and control of fibromyalgia pain.
Topiramate 50 mg bid for migraine prevention.
Aspirin 81mg q am. For blood thinner/prevent blood clots to prevent heart attack or stroke.
Synthroid 88mcg q H.S. for low thyroid levels.
Fluticasone Propiona 50mcg 2 sprays in each nostril q H.S. for allergies.
Clobetasol Propionate Cream 0.05% to areas of skin that most irritated bid.
Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP. 0.1% to all areas of the skin that are irritated bid.
Vitamin B Complex bid.
Nexium OTC 1 tablet every day.
Tylenol 1000mg bid prn for pain.
Motrin 800 mg bid prn for pain.This is my medical history. I thought it might help answer my question. I have been waking with right sided numbness,tingling of arms,hands, feet, legs, and right side of face. Thank you for the help. TeresaTeresa
Surgical History
Ovarian cyst removal, 1986
Abdominal scar revision, 1987
Rectal Fissure repair, June 1992
Vaginal Childbirth, March 17, 1994
Bilateral Tubal Ligation, summer 1999
Medical History:
Migraines, Diagnosed 1995.
Depression, Diagnosed 1996.
Fibromyalgia, Diagnosed 2002.
Hypothyroidism, Diagnosed 2010.
Discoid Lupus, Diagnosed June 2012.
Medications:
Cymbalta 60mg q AM for depression
Budeprion XL 150mg q AM for depression
Morphine Sulfate ER 30mg TID for pain.
Vitamin B Complex bid.
Nexium OTC 1 tablet every day.
Tylenol 1000mg bid prn for pain.
Motrin 800 mg bid prn for pain.Allergies:
PCN-Rash, Plaquenil-Steven’s-Johnson rash, TAPE-Band-Aids-cloth & adhesive-Contact skin burns & severe red rash. Erythromycin- N/V, intolerance to medication.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS