DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have pain at the base of my index finger on the palm.if

Customer Question

I have pain at the base of my index finger on the palm.if pressure is applied, I get shooting pain up my finger. It almost feels like the spot is burning. It feels swollen compared to other hand. I was doing something in the kitchen when it happened. I do kettle bell exercise regularly but hadn't done it that day. If I pick up a kettle bell now I get shooting pain.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Tendinitis is quite possible.

Early carpal tunnel is possible [nerve compression].

Arthritis is possible in some cases.

To tell, you need a correct exam.

In the mean time, no kettle bells.

Rest

ICE for a day or so.

Elevate the arm when possible.

Motrin if needed.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.