Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I'm having cramps, in my legs, thighs and feet. What can I

Customer Question

I'm having cramps, in my legs, thighs and feet. What can I do to stop them?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hydration at night before bed and taking a walk to stretch leg muscles before bed is helpful. I recommend drinking gatoraide with potassium and magnesium salts. Watching your calcium level in a post menopausal women is important. Alternatively if you suffer other postmenopausal symptoms using bioidenticals for hormonal replacement can help cramps. For many patients this is a manifestation of PAD peripheral artery disease so if you have reasons for vascular diseass like diabetes pr smoking you need a vascular surgeon to assess you. Please get back to me if you have questions. If satisfied with this answer please remember to rate my service by clicking on the stars. Dr Frank