Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

On jan. 21st. 2012 I had a very bad fall, whereas I t the

Customer Question

on jan. 21st. 2012 I had a very bad fall, whereas I hit the corner of a wall in the hall way, lost my balance and hit the opposite wall with my body, slid down, hit the floor with my buttocks and the force slammed my head on the wall, and a hole on the wall with my head. my husband took me to the emergency room, they did x-rays and c t scans. No broken bones, or concussion. Although since then, I have suffered with pain in my neck, back and head. I've had therapy, pain management shots, and have been to chiropractors, nothing has alleviated the pain. I don't handle pain medication well, and I do believe that such meds only mask the problem. I can no longer do mri's because of a pace maker, the c t scan I did last week showed arthritis in my neck. I've been coping with severe pain for over a week, going into two weeks sunday. please advise as to what other course of action I can take. my neck pops all the time, the back of my head hurts a lot, my back hurts all the time, I sleep in a recliner because I am unable to lay down on a bed. I am a female, 76 years of age. any help or suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Have you see a pain doctor. I read your statement that medications mask pain. Yes they do but if you have tried over three years with multiple imaging and diagnostic studies to identify a source or sources and have been unsuccessful then maybe you need to change your approach. Pain doctors have techniques apart from prescribed pain meds. I don't know the specifics but maybe i can help to suggest an approach to pain relief that you might like. Get back to me with what you have tried apart from what you listed. And any diagnosis like radiculopathy you have received. Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am available to answer your questions. Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

cc