Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I suffer from spasms that start on the right of my body

Customer Question

I suffer from spasms that start on the right of my body under the breast and it travels to my jaw and is painful It does not last long and when I drink a gingerale it goes away withing seconds. Should I be concerned?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like GERD. gastroesophageal reflux with a hiatal her nia. Have you tried a PPI like prilosec or prevacid or nexium? They are all OTC at a pharmacy. You shoild try one continually for three weeks.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I woild not be concerned given your history. But if you cannot fix this with a ppi you need a gastroenterologist to scope you as there could be H Pylori infection