Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I recently had an MRI of the brain and it came back with

Customer Question

I recently had an MRI of the brain and it came back with early chronic small vessel disease. what does this mean.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JA Chronic small vessel disease of the brain otherwise known as lipohyalanosis, is the result of a chronic systemic disease. Most common is hypertension bit diabetes high cholesterol smoking and even certain genes can contribute to chronic small vessel disease.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

This characteristically effects the subcortex of the brain. The white matter and grey matter structures and if severe can cause a type of stroke called lacunar stroke.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I hope that answers your question. Please get back to me as i can send you more information. If you like i can disciss this with you by phone. Just put in a request. Remember to click on the stars if satisfied as that is how i am compensated for my work. Dr frank