Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have been having blackout than a second past week ?? What

Customer Question

Hi , I have been having blackout for less than a second for the past week ?? What do you suppose it is??
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Did you have any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 days back i quit smoking cigarettes. One night before i got the first blackout (lasts less than even a second ). Since then i have been getting them everyday 3 to 4 times a day for the last week . I do not have any medical conditions . You know how when you enter a dark room from a very sunny area or get punched ,you have that bluish vision ,thats exactly how these blackouts are except they do not even last a second. What do you think it is and who do you think i should see for it ??

Thank you for that additional information.

You might be having TIA's, mini strokes, cardiac problems.....hard to tell for sure.

One thing, however, is clear:

You should get into see your primary care MD as quickly as possible. These are not the type of symptoms to ignore or try to deal with on you own.
Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS