Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I had a ct scan on my left hand/wrist 6weeks ago it showed a

Customer Question

I had a ct scan on my left hand/wrist 6weeks ago it showed a negative ulna variance and a seperate bit of bone projected over the dorsal aspect. I had X-rays this week as its still painful they said; this area was occult on previous radiographs and again is not demonstrated. What does it mean?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need a ph call. Msg is fine
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

The word occult comes from occultation as seen in astronomy. In a Lunar ecclipse the moon is covered by the shadow of the earth. It means covered up

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Xrays detect sharp demarcations between densities of bone based on the ability to absorb them. That has been lost in your repeat films because you have remodeled the calcium in that Area

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You are healing . Laying down new bone and covering or occulting the fracture. It is a bone bruise now or partially healed fracture

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You are healing . Laying down new bone and covering or occulting the fracture. It is a bone bruise now or partially healed fracture. It may still hurt as the periosteum or bone coveribg is inflamed

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You are healing . Laying down new bone and covering or occulting the fracture. It is a bone bruise now or partially healed fracture. It may still hurt as the periosteum or bone coveriNg is inflamed

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you would like to discuss this topic further, please feel free to use the reply box and let me know. If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions,you can find me here : http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-neuromd2012/ ( Please book mark it) Thank you so much, Dr. Frank