Dr. S.A.Alam
Dr. S.A.Alam, Senior registrar
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)
16248889

Doctor. The bottom of my feet, beginning with the left side,

Customer Question

Hi, Doctor. The bottom of my feet, beginning with the left side, began tingling and burning cold at the beginning of the year. Now, my hands, palm-side only, burn or tingle alternatively. My legs beneath my knees, especially on my shins, tingle and/or
burn too. There is a feeling of weakness in my lower legs, and I have trouble with balance. To complicate this, I'm currently being treated for PTSD--my doctors believe these symptoms are related to that. While I've been treated for PTSD since Jan 2014, I've
experience no improvement, plus new symptoms like this burning sensation keep popping up. Blood tests done last fall were normal. Only an elevated ANA and high protein in my spinal fluid. Please help. Thank you for your time.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.

I do not think it is PTSD if there is raised protein in the special fluid and your symptoms have not improved. This can be a sensory motor disorder which needs to be tested, You need to get an appointment from a neurologist, he is best person that can help.

Let me know if you have questions.