Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My 3 year old son was killed in an accidental fall with s

Customer Question

My 3 year old son was killed in an accidental fall with his babysitter back in May of this year. I have the autopsy results and I was wondering if you could explain them to me, and if they are characteristic of an accelerated fall from a short distance
onto concrete. My son was pulling on the outdoor door lever with all his strength and lost his grip and went back with back arched (almost like a back dive formation) the added force and momentum from pulling on the door lever and having his little hands slip.
The back of his head was the first part of his little body to strike the ground and he landed on a concert block and gravel. It was a fall from 3 steps that were out of code to begin with. Would someone with expertise in this area be able to interpret his
autopsy report and help me understand exactly what my child went through?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
t explain his injuries in detail and if they are characteristic of an accidental fall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will attached autopsy once someone has agree to take wuestion
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I am a Board Certified Neurologist trained in the US. My subspecialty interest is Neuroimaging and Neurodiagnostics. Your son suffered a traumatic injury, the specialist to answer your question the best would be a forensic neuropathologist, if it is solely a head injury, or forensic pathologist for the general autopsy. I could give you detailed information into the structures involved in the brain autopsy report, but cannot comment on accelerative injury etc. Please get back to me if you feel I could help. Another avenue would be to look for a forensic neuropathologist. I do not believe there is a forensic neuropathologist here on this website. I am attaching a webpage from the Forensic Neuropathology Office at NYU here in NYC. There is a directors name and phone number. Certainly they could give you a better specific answer than I, but if wish me to review the autopsy report, please upload remembering that this is a public forum, that it can be read by anyone, so please white out all personal identifying information before the upload.

http://www.med.nyu.edu/registrar/elective-catalogue/forensic-medicine/forensic-neuropathology

Good Luck to you, I am very sorry for your loss. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I will try the forensics nureologist numbers. Does that mean I do not have to pay the $48's? Appreciate the info and your assistance.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Please rate me if satisfied as that is how I am compensated for my work. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I chose not to use you, I don't have to pay $48, correct?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. that is correct, you pay only if you are satisfied with my service. Dr Frank