Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have had a headache weeks. last week mri was

Customer Question

i have had a headache for 4 weeks. last week mri was done.physician stated there was a small blood clot on my brain but was old (6-12m) i cant get into the neurolgist for 12 days is this safe?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Yes it is fine to wait bit longer if you are not getting an immediate appointment with the neurologist because the blood clot is old and also it is small. This definitely needs further evaluation and possibly additional investigations too to find out the precise cause for this blood clot but if an earlier appointment is not available then you can certainly wait for another couple of weeks and it is safe to do so.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Hi, I have posted my response above again. Are you able to see it now?

Hi, I have posted my answer twice above, are you able to see my response above?