How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Neuro Doctor Your Own Question
Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 4937
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Neuro Doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a headache weeks. last week mri was

Customer Question

i have had a headache for 4 weeks. last week mri was done.physician stated there was a small blood clot on my brain but was old (6-12m) i cant get into the neurolgist for 12 days is this safe?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Yes it is fine to wait bit longer if you are not getting an immediate appointment with the neurologist because the blood clot is old and also it is small. This definitely needs further evaluation and possibly additional investigations too to find out the precise cause for this blood clot but if an earlier appointment is not available then you can certainly wait for another couple of weeks and it is safe to do so.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Yes it is fine to wait bit longer if you are not getting an immediate appointment with the neurologist because the blood clot is old and also it is small. This definitely needs further evaluation and possibly additional investigations too to find out the precise cause for this blood clot but if an earlier appointment is not available then you can certainly wait for another couple of weeks and it is safe to do so.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I have posted my response above again. Are you able to see it now?

Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I have posted my answer twice above, are you able to see my response above?