Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Had a tiny bit of lower back pain this morning and I am now

Customer Question

Had a tiny bit of lower back pain this morning and I am now when stood up or walking ( not as bad sat down ) I have a "fuzzy" feeling in my right leg . Just doesn't feel normal . Never happened before
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Your new symptoms of lower back pain and fuzzy feeling in the right leg appears to be secondary to lumbosacral radiculopathy, which is nothing but pinched or irritated spinal nerves in the lumbar spine.

The pinching or irritation of the spinal nerves result secondary to various spine conditions like arthritis/bone spurs, disc bulges, disc herniation, spinal stenosis, or slipping of the vertebra in the spine etc.

I am not telling all these above mentioned spinal conditions are applicable in your case but these are the various conditions in the spine that commonly cause the pinching of spinal nerves. There can be few other structural problems too in the spine that cause pinched spinal nerves.

This appears to be very early stage of the spine condition since the symptoms have just started and also mild.

This can get better on its own so immediately there is no absolute need to see any doctor.

At this moment you may try avoiding strenuous physical activities which can burden the spine like lifting heavy weights, excessive bending, strenuous running, jogging etc.

Hot or cold compressors can be used to the lower spine.

Symptoms generally resolve with these conservative measures.

If symptoms persist or worsen or any new symptoms like muscle weakness or bladder symptoms, or loss of sensation in the legs etc appear then please see your doctors preferably a neurologist asap.

At that moment you will require a thorough neurological examination followed by certain relevant investigations like an MRI scan of the spine and a nerve and muscle test called as EMG/Nerve conduction test etc which will help in finding out the precise cause for these new symptoms and then treated appropriately depending upon the test results.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor