Internist
Internist, Doctor
Experience:  MD,MBBS, Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I have Neuromase in my foot and it's very pain full. Is

Customer Question

I have Neuromase in my foot and it's very pain full. Is there any way I can see someone as soon as possible?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

Dear JA customer,

sorry to hear about your problem.

i am online and will be happy to assist you.

Do you still wear pointed shoes? or high healed shoes

how will you rate your pain on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being worst.

this is an info request and not an answer. please reply so that i may help you

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

The thickening, or enlargement, of the nerve that defines a neuroma is the result of compression and irritation of the nerve. This compression creates enlargement of the nerve, eventually leading to permanent nerve damage.

Anything that causes compression or irritation of the nerve can lead to the development of a neuroma. One of the most common offenders is wearing shoes that have a tapered toe box, or high-heeled shoes that cause the toes to be forced into the toe box.

People with certain foot deformities – bunions, hammertoes, flatfeet, or more flexible feet – are at higher risk for developing a neuroma. Other potential causes are activities that involve repetitive irritation to the ball of the foot, such as running or court sports. An injury or other type of trauma to the area may also lead to a neuroma.

treatment is multi approach and is as follows.

1- avoid wearing high healed/pointed shoes.

2- use analgesics on as needed basis.

3- some patients get benefit from steroid injection in the painful area.

4- physical therapy.

5- Padding techniques provide support for the metatarsal arch, thereby lessening the pressure on the nerve and decreasing the compression when walking.

6- Custom orthotic devices provided by your foot and ankle surgeon provide the support needed to reduce pressure and compression on the nerve

7- Wear shoes with a wide toe box and avoid narrow-toed shoes or shoes with high heels.

8- Decompression surgery.

In some cases, surgeons can relieve the pressure on the nerve by cutting nearby structures, such as the ligament that binds together some of the bones in the front of the foot. it is not a major surgery and you should consider undergoing it if other available treatment options fail.

I hope this helps. if this satisfies, please click on accept. if you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask.

thanks

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

If this helps, please click on accept. you can ask follow up questions . And I'll be more than happy to answer anytime.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

If You have any follow up questions,feel free to ask.
If the answer satisfies your query,Kindly click 'ACCEPT'.
Positive Feedback and Bonus will be highly appreciated.Regards.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800