Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Diagnosed with 's two,weeks ago and can not get any relief

Customer Question

Diagnosed with bell's two,weeks ago and can not get any relief from severe ear, jaw and headache pain. Was prescribed percocets and they did not help to take the pain away. Any suggestion for pain relief so I can at least get some sleep, The pain is debilitating. So far no changes to paralyzed side of my face.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA I am a US trained board certified neurologist and will try to answer your question. We do not prescribe medications here online, my role is to

help with your diagnosis if there are questions, or give some direction as to prognosis, how things will turn out based on information you share with me.

I would need more information about your case to help you here online. One thing is that a common Bell's palsy does cause some peri-auricular (around the ear) pain at

the onset of the demyelination of the facial nerve, but as weakness starts to become present and crescendo's, pain is gone. Hence, I would question your diagnosis if you

have had continual pain in your face for 2 weeks after the onset of the problem. Did anyone mention the condition Ramsay-Hunt Syndrome? Do you have other health problems

like Rheumatoid arthritis, Diabetes, Lyme disease, or any reason to get a Bell's like familiar conditions, etc?

Let me know how I can help, reply to this posting with imaging data, or what your evaluation has been so far, and what you are getting for treatment. Dr Frank