Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Is there anyway to increase blood flow in lower legs. I need

Customer Question

Is there anyway to increase blood flow in lower legs. I need a knee replacement badly, and they will not perform it due to the poor circulation and below my knees.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

there are medications and specific surgeries

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You have to determine the magnitude of the problem. A vascular surgeon will evaluate you for PAD. PERPHERAL ARTERY DISEASE.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

The surgeries around blockages are done for large vessel disease. Medications like trental are used for small vessel problems. Ask your orthopedist to send you to a vascular surgeon. Please get back to me with questions. Or rate this answer if satisfied dr frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I had no idea what type of Dr. I should go to. I appreciate your help.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Come back if you have questions After u investigate. Dr frank. Please remember to rate me as that is how i get paid