dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

My ring and little finger are numb. have been few weeks. I

Customer Question

My ring and little finger are numb. have been for a few weeks. I have numbness leading to the nerve in my elbow! Now my hand is swelling? Could this be do to some type of bug bite. I have try Nurentin does not help. I don't believe it is carpal tunnel. Hand is getting more and more painful and swelling just started today! What do you think and what should I do right now. Nothing is helping the pain.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Numbness is because of nerve issue .

But pain and swelling indicates that you have soft tissue infection and in this case Nurentin will not help you .

You may need to see dr for examination , along with NSAIDS like Tab Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day along with antibiotic if you have fever .

You shouldn't wait , please go to dr .

As infection can spread , and this could be possibly secondary to bite .

Good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .