Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have had 5 concussions, I am 31 yeas old, the last one t

Customer Question

I have had 5 concussions, I am 31 yeas old, the last one hit my frontal lobe and happened 3 weekes ago. I have been seeing a concussion clinic for 3 weeks and not getting better, I just would like to go back to work. Please tell me what I can do
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There is no specific treatment that accelerates recovery from a concussion. The mainstay of treatment is physical and mental rest, which will promote the natural healing of the concussion. If there are specific symptoms, then it is reasonable to perform interventions to relieve that symptom. For example, a headache is a common symptom following a concussion, and using over the counter pain medicine is the preferred mode of treatment.

I understand that you are frustrated and want to return to work, but one of the major discoveries with concussions is that mental rest is as important as physical rest, so even a desk job can be an issue.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.