Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

About a month ago I started having pains in both ankles,

Customer Question

About a month ago I started having pains in both ankles, knees, wrist and elbows with swelling in both ankles. I could barely move at times. I made a dr. Appointment with a rheumatologist but a day in a half ago the pains for the most part went away. Rheumatoid arthritis runs in my family so that's what I thought it was and why I wanted to see a rheumatologist. My question is can rheumatoid arthritis come and go? I'm not sure if I should still keep the appointment with the rheumatologist
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

To answer your question. Yes. The are forms of arthritis in families with RA that present with transient symptoms

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

And this disorder can be associated with other autoimmun disease like sjogrens or sarcoid or lupus. where you can have transient symptoms. I would encourage you to see a rheumatologist as he will do the blood analysis and examine you. please get back to me with questions if u have them. Dr frank