Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have slight tingling in my face, hands, and feet- right

Customer Question

I have slight tingling in my face, hands, and feet- right side only
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist; the expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other experts too and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Coming to the discussion;

If symptom involves the face, hand and foot on the same side then we are supposed to rule out any conditions involving the brain. Left side of the brain controls the right side and vice versa. Since your symptom is involving the right side of the body so a left sided brain lesion can cause this symptom.

I am not sure what has been done already - whether you have been already investigated, whether you have been seen by a neurologist already etc, if not already done then you may try to see a neurologist and also try to undergo an MRI scan of the brain to find out the precise cause for this tingling symptom and then treated appropriately depending upon the final diagnosis.

Please see that tingling of this kind does not automatically mean there is an underlying serious condition, in fact on many occasions these type of symptoms are related to some benign non-serious conditions which can be treated/cured, however considering that a firm final diagnosis still has not been already made accordingly you may try to see a neurologist as soon as possible so that you can receive a thorough neurological examination and also certain relevant investigations including an MRI scan of the brain as pointed above and once final precise diagnosis is made it will be treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see a neurologist as soon as possible.

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not gone to the doctor yet, and will make an appointment. Some further background. I am a 39 year old overweight female in otherwise good health. There is no loss in mental capacities- memory or thought processes. I also am not dizzy. what are possible reasons for the tingling?

Okay I see, the absence of other neurological symptoms only increases the possibility that this tingling sensation may not be due to anything major or serious. For discussion purpose conditions like minor stroke or MS (Multiple sclerosis) or any structural lesions affecting the left side of the brain can cause tingling on the right side of the body including the face, hand, foot etc. However in the absence of other symptoms and also tingling being just mild there is a high possibility that this may not be related to anything major or serious. Seeing the doctors in the clinic and also undergoing an MRI scan of the brain is the correct next step however with experience I can reassure you this type of tingling can be caused by no obvious diseases too, or this can be due to some minor non-serious reversible conditions too, so please not to panic.