Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My husband is having pain in s shoulder. It does not hurt to

Customer Question

My husband is having pain in his shoulder. It does not hurt to touch which makes me think it;s in his neck. The pain is more prevalent when he lays down.He can move his arm and can pick anything up. I know something is wrong because he never complains about any pain.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Pain from pinched nerves in the cervical spine usually have a lancinating character it shoots to the shoulder from the neck. Increased with various neck movements or coughing sneezing

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Does he have that? the nerves are mixed motor and sensory. So if the pain is in his shoulder he might have numbness and or tingling in the thumb area.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Get back to me with question comments and I will reply Dr frank