DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have been experiencing episodes of dizziness and twice

Customer Question

I have been experiencing episodes of dizziness and twice passed out - my doctor did a MRI of the brain to rule out Steal Syndrome - which it did. I just had an MRI of Cervical spine which shows several osteophytes, but I am wondering what this means -: Moderate degenerative disc disease with disc height loss and desiccation. 2 mm disc osteophyte complex. Effacement of the ventral thecal sac. Mild spinal canal stenosis. Mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This means that the cervical spine has arthritis and degenerative discs.

It is not pressing on the cord, but is into the canal in one area...so it is moderately advanced.

You need immediate assessment from an MD specialist of physical medicine and rehabilitaiton to avoid surgery in the future.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.