How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrHoellering Your Own Question
DrHoellering, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 23229
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
DrHoellering is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had trembling in my hands 10 years. I thought it was

Customer Question

I have had trembling in my hands for approximately 10 years. I thought it was anxiety but no matter what antianxiety meds I take the tremors remain. Could a neurologist help with this problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Yes, indeed, a neurologist may be able to help you. First there has to be a diagnosis. It may be an essential tremor, a condition nowbody knows why it shows up, but anyhow can be treated. There is the possibility of Parkinson's disease, too, and should be exluded or confirmed. It could be treated very successfully, too.

So please make an appointment soon!

Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

You have read my answer. Is everything quite clear now? Then I thank you very much for a friendly (hopefully 5 star-) rating. If there is any question open please feel free to ask!