Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Received MRI results which list of note, there is a sparing

Customer Question

Received MRI results which list of note, there is a sparing of the juxtacortical white matter. With a lesion in the left cerebellar white matter and several scattered foci of T2/flair hyper intensity predominantly in sub cortical white matter
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA. What u list from the report is consistent with demyeLination please ask a question

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Having computer issues today. If u want description of details like juxtacortica

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

L cells and demyelination I will write tomarrow ask a question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need more detailed information on the terms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the term of note important? And does the place of the lesion in the cerebellar important?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

What I write keeps getting erased. Will write tomorrow

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. To answer your question. The changes are important but more so as a comparison to previous scans. The cerebellar lesion is important as it can effect balance and or speech making it slurred. The juxtocortical fibers connect adjacent gyri and can effect processing or cognition. If global this suggests brain volume loss which can suggest a clinical change from relapsing remitting

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

to secondarily progressive forms

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

These are generalizations and each case is different. Your neurologist knows you best. Has your clinical scores and history of response to treatment

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Please get back to me if I can help. Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I hope you were able to read the answer. please reply if you want more specific information. please rate my service if satisfied as that is how I am compensated for my work. Dr Frank