Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have been experiencing numbness in tongue and lips on left

Customer Question

I have been experiencing numbness in tongue and lips on left side of face. Usually lasting few seconds. Also blurry vision. Is this sign of a stroke?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Symptoms of numbness and blurring of vision lasting for only few seconds is very less likely related to stroke or mini stroke. A stroke or mini stroke would last much much longer than this (several minutes to hours to days). If you are having a history of anxiety disorder or stress etc then these conditions could trigger these type of bried duration symptoms. Some times there may not be any obvious underlying health conditions present to explain these type of brief duration symptoms. One or otherway these brief duration symptoms do not appear to be related to stroke or ministrokes. You may however try to see a neurologist and get this investigated – but any serious conditions including stroke/mini stroke etc appear very less likely.

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor