How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 11177
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have severe back pain. 4 herniated disc in my back and my

Customer Question

I have severe back pain. 4 herniated disc in my back and my knee is about to give
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, that is not goof to hear. What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried almost anything to get relief for my back and my knee s. I've been to other doctors that would only give me a temp fix for couple weeks. I was wondering if you could help me
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I can only give you informations, not more, on this platform.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then how?
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam. Just do not have the funds until later this week.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Having 5 kids I can fully understand :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do until then
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Even with a current lack of funds you can do a couple of things:

1. Go to see your primary care MD. They can bill you later for the visit.

2. Go to the ER. This is more expensive in the long run but they can give medication to treat your pain right away....and bill you later.

Unfortunately, As far as writing a Rx, or helping you to obtain your medication with an online consultation, I am afraid I have some bad news.
It is illegal for me to prescribe any medication online. Giving an Rx requires that a doctor/patient relationship be formed with a face to face meeting and the need for medication -- be it an antibiotic, viagra or strong pain pills -- be documented in the medial record.

If I was to call in an Rx for you I would lose my medical license and, quite possibly, go to jail.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything you've explained makes since as I don't want to hurt you to help me. My thing is whenot I go to er they take exhausted that show nothing and act like I'm faking. It's hard to find a primary doctor. Every I tried dismiss me with a few loritab 5s for couple days and won't see me again. And without a Mr I pain management won't see me with a preference from a physical care doctor.... only every now and again an urgent care helps and I'm talking every three to four months..... by then the pain is is excruciating I have to have help to stand and walk. Most days I sit in a chair
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS