dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

I have been having problems with my vision a year now. I do

Customer Question

I have been having problems with my vision for about a year now. I do have floaters and flashes. However, I once woke up with a very bright light in the center of both eyes with a softer white around them. I saw the light in each eye with them either open or closed, and this lasted about 2 minutes before returning to normal. I went to a ophthalmologist who tested my eyes and afterwards told me my problem was neurological, and suggested that I take a full aspirin daily. Since then, I occasionally have had disturbances in the center of both eyes that look like something you would see if a light bulb was on the other side of a ceiling fan, but if I close both eyes, I see what appears to be a spinning, out of focus circle approximately 1/4 inch in diameterin each eye.
Please advise me of a course of action.
Dietmar P. Kinzel
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Please tell me have you had your Fundoscopy , to see eye fundus ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if the doctor did a fundoscopy or not, but after the examination he did say he could see some hardening of the arteries. Most of the time, I have these disturbances when I first wake up, but every now and then they occur during the course of the day. My main concern is that of becoming blind.
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for info ...

Eye floaters are usually annoying but usually not associated with visual loss , however if they are associated with bright light appearance then it would be ideal for you to have Fundoscopy to see retina , disc for any underlying abnormality .

Simple floaters are not harmful .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .