Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

My granddaughter is having gelastic seizures,partial complex

Customer Question

My granddaughter is having gelastic seizures,partial complex after she faints. Fainting occurs when she is hot, or is exercising. She was Rx'd keppra 150mgs bid. EKG normal x2, EEG normal MRI w&w/o contrast norm. Stress treadmill did produce fainting. She is 22 yo and never had seizures in the past. No post -ictal periods. She is scheduled to have a tilt-table test. Echocardiogram - normal.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

she should get also carotid doppler studies to see if there is lack of blood flow to the brain when she exercises

the tilt table test is good to check for changes in blood pressure in body positions which can affect blood flow to the brain and if there is decrease blood flow to the brain, this could be causing the seizures.

let me know if you have questions.