DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I just had an MRI and MRA with contrast. My primary DR. who

Customer Question

Hi, I just had an MRI and MRA with contrast. My primary DR. who ordered it would like me to see a Neuroligist SP, sorry. And I will. Until then, could you shed some light and maybe give me a question or 2 to ask when I do go. I was told, 'There seems to be some thinning of the lining of the nerves in the brain. There are more tests that the Neuro can and will do." end of statement. From Nurse. My eyes must have been large because she followed with , It may be nothing more that normal ageing. I am 56. I was rearended in a car wreck in 2000. My carotid artery was torn, the mussels in my left shoulder were torn(-seat belt) pressure- and I have had 2 ops on my neck to repair disks. I also have had TIA's and seem to be having some memory problems now. any info? Thank you so much for reading.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please post answer HERE. I cannot enter into my email at this time. VISA info has been sent. Hope all was recved and thank you for your attn.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The doctor is implying there might be demylenation.

This can happen on multiple sclerosis.

So, neurology consult and further testing are needed.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.