Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have buzzing like sensation in my right thigh. Been going

Customer Question

I have buzzing like sensation in my right thigh. Been going on for a week. I'm a little concerned as it appears to be getting more pronounced.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist; the expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other experts too and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Coming to the discussion;

A buzzing like sensation in the thigh region is not necessarily indicative of any diseases, there are patients who experience these types of symptoms but investigations reveal nothing and also these type of symptoms resolve by themselves after some time, so this symptom not necessarily associated with any illnesses.

However there are certain health conditions that may be associated with buzzing like sensation in the leg, for example PVD (peripheral vascular disorder) can cause this. This condition is associated with narrowing of an artery and this causes a buzzing sound while blood is passing through the narrow segment. Another condition that can cause this symptom is an AV Fistula. This is a condition of abnormal connection between an artery and a vein and this causes turbulent blood flow across the fistula component causing buzzing sound. One more condition that can cause a buzzing sound is a clot partially blocking an artery.

As you see there are different possibilities that can cause buzzing sound in the thigh region. This needs to be examined by your doctors in the clinic and after that you need certain relevant investigations which may include an Ultrasound test or an Angiogram test to study the circulation or blood flow in the thigh region and then treated appropriately.

And once again I reassure you this symptom of buzzing feeling in the right thigh may not be related to anything serious, however considering this is a new symptoms so please try to get this checked by your doctors in the clinic asap along with the investigations mentioned above and once the final precise diagnosis is made it will be treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see your clinic doctors as soon as possible.

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor