Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

What does it mean if my if I been having chest pain an my

Customer Question

What does it mean if my if I been having chest pain an my right arm is hurting and I've been having Headache for the last couple of day's
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
You have mentioned three different symptoms which are chest pain, right arm pain and headaches. There are various health conditions that can cause these three symptoms and probably there is more than one single condition to explain all these three symptoms however a single condition causing all these 3 symptoms cannot be entirely ruled out.
There are various musculoskeletal conditions that can cause chest pain and arm pain which include muscle strains, tendonitis, ligament sprains etc. Arm or chest pain can also be related to spinal disc or arthritis problems. Rheumatological disorders too can cause arm and chest pain. Rheumatological disorders can cause headaches too.
Chest pain can be caused by lung or heart problems too – this is especially true if you are also having difficulty with breathing or coughing etc. If these additional symptoms are absent then the possibility of lung or heart problems are less likely.
Headache can be due to myriad causes including benign tension type headaches, migraine types, or headaches can also be related to various structural problems of the brain too.
As you see there are various causes for your symptoms of chest pain, arm pain and headaches and you need to see a doctor in the clinic so that you can receive a thorough clinical examination followed by certain relevant investigations that may include certain blood tests, a brain scan, a chest x ray, an EKG, and an EMG/Nerve conduction test of the arm etc and this systematic approach will help in finding out the precise cause for your new symptoms and then treated appropriately depending upon the test results.
And please see that these various symptoms you are having do not automatically mean that there is an underlying serious condition, in fact on many occasions these type of symptoms are related to some benign non-serious conditions which can be treated/cured, you may try to see your clinic doctors including a neurologist so that you can receive a thorough clinical evaluation/clinical examination and also certain relevant investigations too as pointed above and once final precise diagnosis is made it will be treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see your clinic doctors including a neurologist as soon as possible.
All the very best!
Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor