Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I was in a auto accident and sustained many injuries, the

Customer Question

I was in a auto accident and sustained many injuries, the one in question now is my left leg upper thigh and hip area. I was T boned and this area was impacted causing what i thought to be a Hematoma. it's been three months and now the doctor says it's not a hematoma but muscle tears. Who do I see for this?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Have you had an MRI of the area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No only a sonogram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is your specialty well adapted for my problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
As an internist, neurologist, and urgent care physician, I see many patients with injuries like yours. Based on the mechanism of injury and your description of your symptoms , I would want to see an MRI of the hip joint and upper thigh. This study provides the best detail and most information concerning the joint and soft tissues. You would not want to miss an occult fracture, a complex muscle injury, or a compartment syndrome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide me a name of a doctor in my area that can do these test? This so far is the best info I've gotten, and truly cannot find anyone to address it accept you. If you are taking patients and are near california Maryland I will call your office.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
I would be happy to see you, but I am in California, California. :-)
Any doctor can order an MRI. You should see if you can get in to see an orthopedist. If this takes too long, go into a local express care clinic and ask for the study. If they can't arrange an MRI Expeditiously, ask for a CT scan...this is a reasonable alternative...and cheaper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for your help I truly appreciate it. I will find a Dr and pass this info on, will I get a transcript of our conversation?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You should be able to copy and paste it to wordpad or a word document.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok well thanks again for your help
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best for you.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any follow up questions? Let me know if there is anything else I can do to be of help.

Regards,

Doctor-Bob

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

"Ok, thanks for your help I truly appreciate it"

If you truly appreciate my help, I would appreciate a positive rating...so I get credit for my work and expertise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr. Bob,I took your advice from an earlier chat and got a MRI, I have a "Morel Lavelle Lesion" on my left leg caused from the auto accident last May. Now I am having problems finding a specialty doctor to take care of it, i.e., drain, surgery, etc. It's pretty large. I will attach the findings from the MRI for your review, sorry it's so small having problems with my scanner.
Could you inform me of the type of doctor that I should see to start the treatment I need for my leg?thanks
vicky
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Vicky. Glad you got the correct diagnosis. You need to see a general surgeon now to have this drained or debrided.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for your help. do I owe anything today?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Just accept my answer and we're done. You can still return to our thread later if you think of additional questions.

Hope all works out for the best for you.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Vicky. Please don't forget to accept my answer. That is how you pay what you owe. Thanks a bunch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr. Bob,Thought I would update you on my progress so far. Per your advice I had a consult with a general surgeon for my leg, she was not willing to take me on but referred me to a plastic surgeon. Is a plastic surgeon what I need or a general surgeon? You must think I live in a barbaric community but it's so hard to get a straight answer from any of the doctors I've seen, so frustrating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my payment?