DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

Want to know what this all means from eeg report if I'm ok?

Customer Question

want to know what this all means from eeg report if I'm ok? This is a mostly awake electroencephalogram on a 56 year old patient who has had a left parietal craniotomy for tumor. The patient has a posterior dominant rhythm of 9 Hz which is significantly better formed on the right side. The left side is overall slower and shows more activity of 6-7 Hz. There is intermittent 9-10 Hz activity over the right central region. the left hemisphere on the other hand show mostly 4-7 Hz theta. Overall the activity over the left hemisphere is slower and higher amplitude. The patient does appear to have drowsiness, at which time there is an attenuation of the posterior rhythm and increased theta. However sustained sleep was not seen. Photic stimulation induced driving at some of the frequencies. Hyperventilation was not performed. This is a moderately abnormal electroencephalogram due to left hemispheric slowing. this is consistent with known left hemispheric structural lesion. No epileptiform activity was formed.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Your EEG shows damage due to the surgery.
There is nothing specifically to be addressed unless you have seizures, then medication is needed.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.