Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I actually have several questions, but I will try to make

Customer Question

Hi! I actually have several questions, but I will try to make them brief. My cervical discs are herniated and one of them is ruptured. There is compression of the nerves. I experienced severe pain initially, but most of it has subsided. I do have numbness of fingers/tips of fingers that now have spasms. This condition occurred 0ver 13 months ago. It progressed to my left hand also; resulting in mild numbness and tingling of my fingers. I also have had progressive numbness of my right foot and leg that started about 5-6 years ago. It progressed to the left foot also. I recently had an abdominal CT scan, for another reason, and the report mentioned that I had marked facet joint hypertropy of the lower spine. There is a 5mm anterior subluxation of L3 with respect to L4 and a 4mm anterior subluxation of L4 with respect to L5. I really didn't know if this could be causing the numbness of my feet and pain of my hips, sacrum, and right buttocks and leg. I was ordered an MRI of my spine prior
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
there is no doubt that this low back issue is causing your leg/feet issues.
was that your question?

just click reply to respond