dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

I was in the dog park yesterday and an 80 pound dog ran into

Customer Question

I was in the dog park yesterday and an 80 pound dog ran into me full on run and threw me right into the air and I landed on my butt. I am a 66 year old 120 lbs women. I don't fell like I have anything broken but it shoots sharp pain when I step and put weight on my left foot. I thought for sure I would be all black and blue on my left calf. knee and thigh where I took the hit as I generally bruise easily but no black and blue at all. How should I treat this? Is it just internal muscle bruising or what. I don't hurt except when I put full weight on my left foot. thenks Sandy
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Sorry to hear about your injury .

Bluish , black Discoloration after injury / fall shows underlying muscle injury and subcutaneous extravasation of blood , this need no specific treatment as body system usually clears up within 2 weeks period , but if you have swelling then cold sponging will help you out .

If you don't have issue with walking , then it is highly unlikely that you have fracture , but as per guidelines it is usually advised to get X ray to rule out hairline fracture of Pelvis , or Femur .

For pain Tab Advil is good , and rest time will clear up things .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said I was surprised I had NO black and blue and I have no swelling but it hurt to walk and put pressure on my left foot but even crazier I get a sharp pain on my shin area when I lift my left leg backwards what would cause this?
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Ok , sorry I think I misinterpreted , if you have no bruise , swelling then this indicates you have no subcutaneous tissue injury and sharp pain over shin and pressure over foot if results in to pain then it indicates deep tissue injury like bone , ligaments and over spine .

Hopefully there is no fracture and with rest and pain killers things will improve in couple of days .

But you should take good rest and pain killer like Tab Naproxen 220 mg two tablets twice a day .

If you feel no improvement in next 72 hours then get X ray Pelvis and lower spine along with Tibia , Fibula .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .