DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

Dad is 84 and had a mild stroke June of 2014........lucky no

Customer Question

dad is 84 and had a mild stroke June of 2014........lucky no resulting damage.
last week he was having a hard time putting his words together. Took him to the hospital....They examined him said he was not having a stroke but having a TIA. Also had high Blood Pressure of 211/80. BP came down and he seemed fine........a few hours after this all started he was fine and resting when I bought him a Turkey club sandwich he ate it down a lot of salt and his BP went up and he had another episode. I got the Doctor and he said he was having the same thing a TIA lack of blood to brain. he quickly came back to normal and has been fine for last 9 days. Could this have been caused by eating too much salt. He had French fries and put alot of salt on them?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Salt is not the only cause.
This is serious.
Blood pressure needs to be controlled.
.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.