Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Intermittent feeling of lightheadedness with tingling lips.

Customer Question

intermittent feeling of lightheadedness with tingling lips. it goes away as quickly as it comes on but I have multiple episodes per day
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Since it is affecting both sides of the face and is passing quickly, it is less likely that this is a neurologic issue, but it would be appropriate to check a neurologic exam. Low blood sugar or low blood pressure also are considerations, so it is good that you checked for these problems.
Since the blood sugar and blood pressure are OK, it is more likely that symptoms such as this that pass quickly is related to stress or anxiety. However, there is no test to prove that anxiety is causing symptoms, so the usual method for diagnosis is to exclude other possible causes of the symptoms.
Another option would be management of stress and anxiety to see if the symptoms improve.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.