Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am wondering if it is likely that a left rear sided rear

Customer Question

I am wondering if it is likely that a left rear sided rear ending would create pain possible disc issues with the left lumbar spine and sacral curve.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had two accidents in one week, the initial accident was a rear ending to the left side of my bumper, and my pain from that was on the left side of my lower lumbar spine, below L4 and on the Left side of the Sacral curve close to my Pelvis.
There's been tremendous nerve pain also.
The sideswipe accident to my left front tire side caused pain down my middle right side of the spine and right shoulder with nerve pain in my arm. I am trying to get an expert opinion on this to find out if the last accident would cause both damages, or if it's more likely that a rear ending would cause whiplash and Lumbar/sacral pain? I am trying to seek a doctors advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also what sources would you use as evidence such as a book.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I drive a Ford Focus 2014. The rear left driver side was hit by a Honda Accord, which was rear ended by a Buick Century 2003. The collision caused the front of the Buick to crush in, and caused little damage to the Honda's rear bumper but the passenger side Headlight was crushed in. My Bumper was cracked and the frame was damaged on the left driver side. The driver in the Accord said she saw the Driver in the Buick looking left and barreling forward. This was on the G1 side of the Vertical Curve going upwards. I did have my seatbelt on. The Airbag did not deploy. I was completely stopped about 1 1/2 cars away from the vehicle in front of me in Bumper to Bumper traffic.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I am sorry that no expert has yet responded, but there is no easy answer to this question. Either type of accident can cause lower back pain. An accident that involves being rear ended is more likely to cause spinal injury than an accident that involves side swiping, but both can do so.
If there was no evaluation done after the first accident to document any injury sustained from the first accident, it would be impossible to prove which accident caused which symptoms.
The pattern of symptoms after each accident would suggest the nature of the injury associated with each accident, but that does not mean the same as proving which accident caused any specific injury.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.