Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Have pain in testes,scale 1-10 aprox 3or4.not all time. also

Customer Question

have pain in testes,scale 1-10 aprox 3or4.not all time. also pain across bottomand down hamstrings, both sides ,level 6.really bothers and hurts when driving.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
Certain kinds of nerve injuries can cause this type of pain you have been experiencing.
For example irritation to a nerve called as genitofemoral nerve can cause this pain.
Irritation to the sacral spinal nerves too can cause this pain.
Pudendal neuropathy is another condition which can cause similar symptoms.
To confirm the diagnosis you need investigations like EMG/Nerve conduction test – which is nerve test, and also possibly an MRI scan of the lower spine etc.
If not already done then you may try to see a neurologist so that you can receive a thorough neurological examination in the clinic and also the above mentioned investigations and this approach can help in finding out the exact cause for your new symptoms and then treated appropriately.
In the meantime for the symptomatic relief from this pain you may try one of the nerve-pain pills like;
Gabapentin
Amitriptyline
Pregabalin etc
Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOT SATISFIED WITH RESPONSE, WHAT WOULD CAUSECONDITION?, DO NOT CHARGE ME FOR THIS MIN. ADVICE.
Hi, I am typing a reply, I will post it here as soon as I finish with my typing. If you don't wish to be charged then the Just Answer company will not charge you, you can always contact the company and ask for a refund. However I will provide you now with additional information, I am typing now and I will follow up with you very soon.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor.
Okay I am ready and I am posting my answer here.
Please see that your symptoms are suspicious for a nerve injury. As I pointed above there are various types of nerve injuries that can cause symptom of pain in the tests, pain across the bottom & down hamstrings.
The Nerve test I mentioned earlier, which is called as EMG/Nerve conduction test can help in confirming the diagnosis. This test can tell us which nerve or nerves are involved, what is the severity of injury, and this test can sometimes even tell us what is causing the nerve injury. The MRI scan will also help in finding out what is causing this type of nerve injury.
There are various causes for this type of nerve injury including;
Structural pathologies in the lower spine or groin or pelvis or buttock/hip areas
Infectious processes involving the nerves
Inflammatory conditions involving the nerves etc
The above tests (EMG & MRI scan) will help in providing us information on the of possibility of nerve injury, as well as what is causing the nerve injury etc and this information will help us in instituting the most appropriate treatments for your condition.
Please let me know if you have any further questions and we can discuss this further. And like I said earlier if you are not happy then you can contact the company and ask for refund, and if you wish to discuss this further then please let me know and we can continue with this discussion until you are satisfied.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
Hi, if you have any further questions or if you need any additional clarifications please let me know and we can continue discussing this further until you are fully satisfied with my answer.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor