Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I'm 33 year old female, in good health. No medications,

Customer Question

I'm 33 year old female, in good health. No medications, known allergies, no new foods/lip stick etc. For a week now on and off all day my bot***** *****p, tip of tongue and throat opening (not at all the same time) is tingling and numb. Not sure if related but I have a persistent eye twitch one one upper eye lid (3 months now) I saw a family dr and she is sending me to an allergist. Does this sound like a neurological problem?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There are just two possibilities. Either these symptoms are related to a neurological problem or to anxiety. They are not linked to allergies. I am myself a head and neck surgeon and would suggest you to talk to your doctor regarding getting MRI brain because even if it's anxiety, MRI is mandatory to rule out any neurological problem first. In my opinion it is more likely to be anxiety than neurological problem. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Doctor, how do I convince my doctor to do an MRI after she referred me to an allergy dr.?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. That will be a good move. My best wishes and prayers will be following you.I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards