Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have sharp juts of pain, like a electric shock under my

Customer Question

I have sharp juts of pain, like a electric shock under my sternum, then a rapid heart beat. What is wrong with me? I get twitches sometimes in different parts of my body (muscle twitch in my calf or bicep) I feel like my heart is twitching. It's painful and sharp. This shoots up into my throat and hurts for a couple seconds. I can't sleep on my left side or else it happens more often. I am super nervous.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a history of AFIB as well.
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
I see that you have history of afib and it seems you are concerned whether there is something serious going on to explain your various chest symptoms and also the muscle twitching etc but I am reassuring you these symptoms most likely are not related to anything serious. These symptoms are commonly associated with some one who is anxious & nervous about their health rather than some real illness. You may still get this investigated with an EKG, Echocardiogram, blood tests checking the electrolytes and thyroid etc – this way nothing else is missed but I can strongly reassure you these symptoms you are having are most likely related to anxiety, stress or nervousness rather than any serious illnesses.
Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor