dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

My sister is having seizures with stroke like symptoms, the

Customer Question

my sister is having seizures with stroke like symptoms, the doctors here in our town cannot find out what is wrong with her she is only 38 years old and she is losing her hearing and her vision. This has been going on for the last month and she has been hospitalized over 15 times and nobody knows what's wrong
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

She is a young female , with symptoms of Seizures and dr is unable to find reason .

In young females if no neurological cause or reason is found then two things should be ruled out first she should rule out the possibility of autoimmune disease like mixed connective tissue disorder , and second often cardiac rhythm abnormalities could be the reason .

I would like to suggest her to have her EKG / 24 Hour Holter monitoring .

Get her test for connective tissue ( Autoimmune disorder ) to check what is going wrong .

Last but not leat she should get EEG ( Electron encephalogram ).

Regards ***** ***** her test as I advised you .

Good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .