DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

2 months ago, I experienced a concussion. This evolved into

Customer Question

2 months ago, I experienced a concussion. This evolved into bleeding on my brain and I lapsed into a coma which lasted just over 3 days. The bleeding was not operable because of issues I have with hemoglobin and clotting. Yes, I'm alive but I'm living in a fog. I can't regain my vim, vigor, or vitality. I also need to tell you, I'm a recovering alcoholic hence the concussion. I'm part of a AA recovery program that definitely has helped. My question is " How much of my lack VIM is due to my brain trauma and how much is due to detox?" What resources are available for this kind of brain injury?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
There is no way to say how much is due to which.
It is likely that both contribute.
Detox can last months.
You need to be on magnesium and b vitamins.
Both are deficient in detox.
In fact, getting falcuties fully back can take a year or more.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.