Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

What is a recommended pain medication cluster headaches? Is

Customer Question

What is a recommended pain medication for daily cluster headaches? Is there something that can be taken with Depakote? This is no longer totally effective.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
I see that you have been using Depakote for the prevention of daily cluster headaches and it is no longer totally effective. What I will do is provide you with a list of commonly used preventive meds for cluster headaches and please find this list below;
Verapamil
Lithium
Topiramate
Migrelief
Melatonin etc
The above medications are commonly used pain medications for the control of cluster headaches and these have been used by many patients and they have found these to be very helpful. If you see you have not already used any of the above meds then you may consider trying one of them along with Depakote to obtain a superior control of your daily cluster headaches.
Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor