Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am 15 and a girl. i looked up symptoms online and it

Customer Question

hi! i am 15 and a girl. i looked up symptoms online and it stressed me out because i thought i either had a brain or spinal tumor. these past few days i have been getting really bad headaches in between my eyebrows just like a pounding pressure as if there
is a rock in there or something. now my forehead is numb in between my eyebrows also. and all i've had is lunch and an apple today and i'm not hungry at all. i'm an emotional eater so usually when i'm upset or scared i eat not vice versa. and i've had a pounding
headache in my forehead all day. can the numbness be stress? it hurts to open my eyes wide. this is the worst headache i've ever had and i got my physical today before this headache and they didn't say i needed to be tested but i'm so scared. i feel a pulse
also where i feel that rock-type pressure.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Yes, the headache and the numbness can be due to stress. The most common cause of headache is a muscle contraction headache, also called tension headaches. Stress and anxiety is a common factor to contribute to these headaches and can also cause the numbness.
It is appropriate to seek medical evaluation when someone has the worst headache that has ever been experienced, but if the exam by the doctor looked good, then there is no reason for further concern or evaluation. A brain tumor is not a common cause of headache, and there would typically be findings on exam if this is the cause of the headache.