Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have some questions about an event that happened today

Customer Question

Hello, I have some questions about an event that happened today where I came to the ground with heavy nausea and felt like almost lost control of bowels and was incapacitated after trying a gentle self chiropractic adjustment. I have a bone spur a T3-T4 and now it feels like something is poking into my spine. Could it be true or do you think it's a disc ?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
To clarify your question, are you asking whether it could be true that a bone spur at T3-T4 could cause the nausea and almost loss of bowel control during this episode today?
I had asked for clarification and have not heard back.
It would be very unusual for the symptoms that you describe to be due solely to a bone spur at one level of the spine. It certainly is true that spine problems can cause GI symptoms, but it usually is caused by more severe or extensive disease. There is no single spine problem that can cause GI symptoms, so it cannot be said that it would be due to disc disease, but degenerative disc disease certainly is one of the spine problems that can cause GI symptoms.
Ultimately, it would require a proper evaluation to determine whether there are any spine problems beyond the bone spurs.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.