DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I've been diagnosed with "Peripheral Neuropathy";

Customer Question

I am A Marine, I've been diagnosed with "Peripheral Neuropathy"; possibility Diabetes is introduced. My VA Dr.say the only way to treat Is with bills and he as increased my dosage, to 2 Capsules, three times a day; While the Doctors @ Optium Health are recommending "Pro-Neuro Light Therapy they Believe will help. The VA doctors, say there research show that light therapy, even tho FDA approved; they do not have any FDA proof or Documentation that treatment of Neuropathy and Pain; can be resolved by"Infrared Light Therapy" and they are saying they have fifty % success with Pills. But in the fifty % that have an advance condition. Please give me some current information on these matters.
Sincere Thanks in advance. CustomerBostic Cell#***-***-****
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
The pills do not cure the neuropathy.
The diabetes also must be brought under control.
There is no proof at all for the light therapy.
That does not stop you from trying it to see.
But I would not try it at the same time as the pills, or you will not know what is working.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.